TikTok users are freaking out over the freshly-introduced profile views history feature. Here’s how you can turn it off.
Every social media user has, at one point or another, felt curious about who views their profile. TikTok has now fulfilled the wishes of many who wanted to know the identity of their profile viewers.
The platform’s users can now see who viewed their profile in the last 30 days. However, many TikTokers are not too thrilled about the function given their stalking habits will now be exposed.
How to turn off profile views on TikTok?
The feature has been functional since early 2021 but it wasn’t available to everyone before. As it becomes more widespread now, many users are freaking out over it.
Here’s how to turn it off:
- Open your TikTok profile from the app’s bottom right-hand corner
- Now, hover over to the top right-hand corner and select the three dashes
- Click on the eye symbol you see there
- You will then be able to see the ‘turn off profile view history’ option if you had previously turned it on.
- Tap on the ‘Turn off’ option and you’re all set.
This way, you can view someone’s TikTok without them finding out.
What’s the point of profile views?
As the name suggests, the profile view history feature allows you to view who has had a look at your profile over the last 30 days.
It boasts the following features:
- Other users can see if you’ve viewed their profile in the last 30 days
- Only you can see who’s viewed your profile
- Only viewers who’ve turned on the option themselves and viewed your profile in the past 30 days will be shown to you.
Users are freaking out over the function
Many TikTok users, who often stalk other users, are scared about the new feature being introduced.
“The “profile views” feature on TikTok is scary,” wrote a user.
“How to remove that profile views on TikTok? I just want to stalk people peacefully man😭” tweeted another.
“TikTok bringing back profile views is evil. The worst thing of this year” said another frustrated user.